A week without posting seems like a long break after maintaining a 2 a week pace for the past months. Unfortunately, it might get a little irregular around here for another month or so due to a particularly busy burst at work. Longer days in the office make for a lot less daylight to photograph, write and participate on social media. But, work is what makes play possible, at least in my case. I'm still around, just not as available as usual.
I do still have a couple projects to clear from the queue before springing ahead (HA!) into the new season. So, I wanted to quickly update this little space to say, "HELLO!" and share a little project I made for Mike.
This cardigan was sewn using M6803 (sadly, discontinued) in a sweater knit fabric we bought at Joann and using leftover jersey scraps from the stash. Like most patterns designed for knit fabrics, this comes together quickly. The pattern is nicely done and easy to follow. However, if I make this cardigan for mike again, I will make some adjustments to the sleeves and the front pieces, mostly by reducing the width of them for proportion. Surprisingly, we did not lengthen either the sleeves or the body of this cardigan! It was long enough for Mike as drafted.
I hope to check back with you soon. If I'm particularly diligent, I'll find time to schedule some posts. In the meantime I hope you're enjoying the season change, wherever you live and having fun making projects in preparation for a change in the weather!