If you've been hanging around these parts for any length of time, you probably equated my complete failure to mention June sewing with yet another missed target. And, I wouldn't blame you. I've been playing catch-up...basically since I started! But, I'm back on track this month!
I used Simplicity 4475, view 2. I knew that I wanted to line my dress with a muslin fabric, and I didn't want it to feel bulky or stiff, so I decided to forego the front and back neck facings and used the lining as a self-facing. I also added a subtle, white piping to the neck and sleeve edges.
While it was time consuming, I hand-stitched the lining around the arms and zipper. I machine hemmed the skirt lining a half inch shorter than my outer skirt, and hand-hemmed my main fabric. It's also worth noting that I shortened the pattern by six inches prior to cutting.
For fabric, I went in search of a small, dainty print; I found this calico quilting fabric at Joann. I will warn you, I needed a whole additional yard of material from what the pattern called for, nap or not I had mere scraps remaining by the time I got to the front skirt panel. I had to make an emergency trip to get more! Disaster averted!
This pattern is VERY easy to put together. The raglan sleeve construction is surprising self-explanatory. The fit on my finished dress is pretty fantastic. Overall, I'm thrilled that this dress came together so beautifully.
My favorite part of this dress is the full skirt! Look how flouncy it is! I'm so happy to end this month on a high note! Hopefully, this pace will carry me into July and be a sign of good things to come!